Tuesday, March 30, 2010

boutonnieres

My (not so little any more!) sister's senior prom was this past weekend, and I got to make boutonnieres for her and a friend's dates.  Hopefully I'll get some pictures of the young gentlemen modeling their boutonnieres, but until then here are a few pictures of the finished products:


Red rose boutonniere with black ribbon - to match a red dress


White rose boutonniere with turquoise ribbon and sheer silver ribbon overlay - to match my sister's gorgeous turquoise dress!

Several years ago I worked in a flower shop during prom season and made definitely over 100 boutonnieres in about 24 hours... I think my fingers are still sore from all the wiring!  But I got lots of good practice!

I also really like ribbon wrapping the stems on boutonnieres - I think it gives them a more finished feel, and a better look.  I also like wrapping with lily grass, twine, or other things.  It ties in colors/styles well, and looks a lot better than just floral tape.

1 comment:

  1. Can a bout,onniere be worn without a jacket?

    ReplyDelete