Wednesday, August 18, 2010

yellow and white wedding

This was the first wedding I did since having my baby, and it was so fun to be designing again!  The bride was really easy-going and wonderful to work with.  And she made her own wedding dress, which is incredibly impressive!  I'm bummed that the only picture I got of her and the groom turned out blurry... hopefully I'll get some from the photographer soon.

The colors were black and white and yellow, so we went with a mixture of white and yellow flowers with some black accents in the ribbon.  We definitely wanted to avoid looking like a bumble bee, and I think we pulled it off, keeping it beautiful and elegant.

The bride's bouquet - yellow and white roses and calla lilies, with some freesia and lisianthus, and a yellow and black ballet wrap

The groom's boutonniere - a yellow calla lily

The boutonnieres for the fathers - white roses with solidago

The mother's pin-on corsages - yellow spray roses and solidago

The toss bouquet - a smaller version of the bride's bouquet, with white and yellow roses, calla lilies, freesia, and lisianthus


And last (and probably least because I did a terrible job on this photo!) is the aforementioned blurry picture of the happy couple.  I couldn't help but include it because they look so happy even through the blur.  Congratulations!


No comments:

Post a Comment