Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tropical Flowers

I got to go to Hawaii over Christmas (so beautiful!  and a wonderful break from the cold!!) So of course I took lots of pictures of all the beautiful tropical flowers.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Let's start with some hibiscus flowers


I love these big open blossoms.  We had a ton of hibiscus growing in my yard when I lived in California.  They are gorgeous!

Here's some ginger in pink and red


Here are some random cool flowers that I saw at a botanical garden we went to.  I forgot the names.



Watch out for this one!

Oh I love plumeria!  Sadly, this was somehow the only picture I got of the beautiful little blossoms.  They were growing all over, and the rain would knock the blossoms off the trees, so I would collect them up to wear in my hair or just take back to our condo.

I saved the best for last - orchids!  Orchids are probably my favorite flowers.  I just love them!  




They were growing out of the crooks of the tree branches.  So awesome!






No comments:

Post a Comment