Tuesday, January 10, 2012

mia

Sorry I've been kind of m.i.a. lately.  I took somewhat of a break this fall to work on some other projects I had going on.

Like starting an etsy shop!  Not at all related to flowers actually, but lots of fun.  It's mostly finger puppets and other things made out of felt right now, but I'm working on expanding to clothes and accessories for kids as well.

Here's one of my favorites - a Noah's Ark finger puppet set.

I decided to focus a bit more on this business through Christmas (lots of Christmas present orders!) but now I'm back and going to be spending more time on flowers again.  

And because I feel like I just can't post on here without some wedding flower inspiration for you.  These are photos from a wedding I did a while ago that the photographer sent me after I'd already done a blog post on this wedding, so I never posted them on here!  But they're gorgeous and I wanted to share.




More posts coming soon!  I promise!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan,
    I just came across your blog in a search for orange flowers for my friend's upcoming wedding! I was looking at all the beautiful flowers from your original San Diego wedding post, which I recognize as the same wedding from the pics above! So gorgeous. I was wondering how many rose petals it takes to cover an aisle the way you did? That's exactly what my friend wants to do, since she's walking down a grass aisle, but we don't know how many to order. Thanks for your advice!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help! It's been a while, but the best I can remember and from looking over my order for this wedding, we used somewhere between 3 and 4 dozen orange and white roses, and just stripped the petals off the stems. It will definitely depend on how long and wide the aisle is though to determine how thick of a covering that many petals would make. This wedding had ten rows of chairs, if that helps give you some perspective. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Great, thanks so much again!!

    ReplyDelete